Happy Tuesday y’all! Not really – it’s my first day back at work after a ten-day vacation, but still. It’s time for Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by The Broke and The Bookish, and the topic this week is Top Ten Characters I Would Want With Me On A Deserted Island. Onwards!
1. Katniss from The Hunger Games – I feel like this is an obvious choice, but girl is HANDY. She can hunt and find water and set snares.
2. Claire from the Outlander series- Claire is like a medical genius when it comes to working with limited supplies. All that army nurse training, I suppose. If I was to break my leg or eat something that poisons me, she would be the one I want there.
3. Young Ian from the Outlander series – Young Ian becomes a BEAST in the Outlander books, and I would totally want him there. His crazy Native American skills would be a major plus in the ways of protection.
4. Nightcrawler from X-Men – Well I might be stretching now, but Nightcrawler is a teleporter and that would be helpful. He could bamf! us out of a dangerous situation or maybe just back to civilization.
5. Thursday Next from the Thursday Next series – Thursday can travel through books, so as long as I have a book with me (which I always do), then she would be able to get us to safety.
6. Mark Watney from The Martian – Dude, Mark. Mark is an astronaut who happens to be crazy resourceful. And he’s a botanist. He would be super helpful in finding safe food to eat and then growing it in a plot to make sure we don’t starve.
Aaaand 6 is all I got in me today. I’m tired. Who would you suggest as company on a desert island?