Time for a late update! Because it’s Sunday night and I still have to write my post for tomorrow’s How to Build a Girl post before I head to my friend’s house to drink all day. Fun times.
- I was a bad blogger this week, in that I had like zero time for blog reading and responding to comments. Sorry peeps. I’ll get to it. But SHOCKINGLY I had to do a million things at work before I left on Friday, since I won’t be back until the 22nd. Woot woot!
- My 9-year old nephew Josh came to spend the night on Saturday, and within the last 24-hours we watched the first three X-Men movies and the second Iron Man movie. It was hard to keep him off of his iTouch, but otherwise it seems like he had a good time 🙂
- We also ate a ton of junk food. And I’m going to have a root beer float soon. I’m going to get giant on this vacation. (I should REALLY hit the gym as much as possible).
- JK Rowling wrote a Harry Potter short story! I logged back onto Pottermore for the sole purpose of reading it, and it was amusing. I’m wondering if this is her hint that she wants to write more HP books. It’s probably just wishful thinking on my part, but who knows.
- I read and loved Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, and now I want to read a lot of her books. I found Purple Hibiscus by her at the library’s used bookstore for $2. WIN.
- I like How to Build a Girl so far, and I’ve kind of started reading Moranthology… but am also kind of avoiding it, because I don’t know if it’s a good idea to read two of her books at the same time.
- That picture above includes a pic of books I want to read this week. I won’t be able to read all of them (I’d be lucky to read two that aren’t graphic novels), but a girl can dream. I’m DEFINITELY reading Landline soon. I want to go to the park and just read it in the sunshine in one sitting.
- My aforementioned nephew LOVES Minecraft. And I like that Minecraft basically teaches people how to use CAD (in other words, it teaches people how to build 3D objects – a very cool skill given the rise of 3D printers). And I want to play it now. Yeah, I said it. But the Android app is like $7 and I’m just not THAT interested yet. I hate paying for apps.
- Also, I just started playing Borderlands 2 and want to do that first. It’s fun. I’m the Gunzerker.
How has everyone else’s weekend been?