So, this is going to be quick, since it’s already 9 pm and I need to be at work crazy freaking early tomorrow morning…
- I just finished Written in My Own Heart’s Blood! SO GOOD, and a review will be coming later, though that won’t interest most of you because it’s Outlander and will be full of spoilers for the previous books. But more importantly, this means that I’ll be back to reading non-Outlander related things again, which I’m sure will be a relief to everyone.
- I acquired some more graphic novels this week… the first of the Fables series, which I hear is awesome, and the third Manhattan Projects book.
- I have Oyster now! A free 30-day trial, and then a free 2 months courtesy of BookRiot’s recent Quarterly box, and then it’ll be $9.95 a month if I choose to keep it, which I probably will. I haven’t read anything on it yet (because MOBY, duh) but I’ve already added about 40 books to my Reading List, including:
- Coyote Blue by Christopher Moore
- The Meaning of It All by Richard Feynman
- Blackbirds by Chuck Wendig
- Crux by Ramez Naam
- 2001: A Space Odyssey by Arthur C. Clarke
- Heart-Shaped Box by Joe Hill
- Parable of the Sower by Octavia Butler
- The Prisoner of Heaven by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
- Dragon Keeper by Robin Hobb
- Contagious by Jonah Berger
- The Song of the Quarkbeast by Jasper Fforde
- Flight Behavior by Barbara Kingsolver
- Born Standing Up by Steven Martin
and a bunch more. I’ve had a blast adding things to by TBR because the selection is FANTASTIC. I’m psyched to start one of them… but still a little apprehensive about reading a whole book on my phone. I’m going to give it ago because I am EXCITED, but I really, really want to get my hands on a Kindle Fire now…
- My vacation starts in about two weeks. I really can’t wait. The amount of reading is going to be epic.
- I have this in my fridge. It’s a corn and black bean salad, and this is the second time I’ve made it… it’s really good.
- I downloaded the World War Z audiobook on Audible, and started listening to it yesterday while making aforementioned salad (and chicken tacos, mmmmm), and it’s great so far. AWESOME cast. Alley was right.
- I’m going to try to get a couple blog posts up this week. Work for the first few days will be busy, since it’s month end and I have stuff to finish, but I shouldn’t be working crazy overtime either.
- I saw X-Men: Days of Future Past! I loooooved it, but that shit made little to no sense. But it was super awesome and I can’t wait for the next one. I love the X-Men… and this is furthering my desire for a Kindle Fire even more, because I want to read ALL the comics and it just seems easier and cheaper on an app like comiXology. Until then, I really want to go to a comic book store in my area… there are a couple, but I have no idea which of them is better, so that’ll be a mission one of these days.
Okay, now I really have to get ready for bed. But I stuck to my plan and finished my Outlander reads before July, so things should be picking up around here! I’m psyched to be back. I missed ya’ll. How’s your weekend been?