Happy Sunday 🙂
I’m actually writing this on Saturday night, because I just finished my re-read of An Echo in the Bone, which means that all day tomorrow I’ll have my face buried in Written in My Own Heart’s Blood (MOBY, for short). You don’t even understand by excitement. I love Outlander 🙂 Unfortunately, I know I’m not going to finish MOBY tomorrow because it’s 814 pages. I really, really wish I could take Monday off of work, but this will be a busy week coming up b/c it’s the end of the month.
Anyhoo. I did things this week! Most notably, posted THREE TIMES – Sarah Sunday, Top Ten Tuesday, and a post about my Kindle. I’m on a roll. I also managed to go to the gym this morning (first time in months), and I read for a while in the park by my house, which was wonderful. I really need to get outside more.
Alright, time for bullet points, yes?
- I was really cranky this week. I don’t know why, but I felt off until about Friday. Maybe because I was tired, staying up late to read? I also feel like I’ve been slowly fighting an oncoming cold for the last week. Also, work was slow, and I kind of missed the hecticness. Weird, I know. Another oddness of actually liking my job now.
- I really want to go to a comic book shop. Which I suppose I could’ve tried to do today, but didn’t, because I wanted to read instead.
- I bought a book! The Physics of Superheroes by James Kakalios. I saw in Barnes and Noble today, and couldn’t resist. I also ordered the third volume of the Manhattan Projects from Amazon this week when I ordered the radio installation kit for my car.
- I’m joining in on the readalong for Caitlin Moran’s new novel that Emily is hosting next month! In her infinite awesomeness, she managed to get my an e-galley. I’m super excited, I missed readalongs with this gang 🙂
- I really, really want an Outlander tattoo. And a cat tattoo.
- I was hoping to post some graphic novel reviews this week, but given MOBY and working longer hours this week, not sure if that’s going to happen.
- My vacation is next month. I’ll have about 10 days straight off. I’m really looking forward to creating the TBR pile for THAT week. I’m not going anywhere special, but near the end of that week I will be celebrating 7 years with the honeyman 🙂
- Speaking of the honeyman, we’re starting to do our weekly date nights again. With switching jobs and everything, we kind of fell out of the habit, and I’ll really happy to start doing it again. I love having one night a week where we can go out to dinner, see movies, etc and it’s just dedicated time to spend together.
- I might be starting to watch Orange is the New Black this week, finally. Practically everyone I know has seen it but me.
- I follow mostly bookish people on Twitter, with a couple news channels and celebrities thrown in for fun. So when the honeyman showed me some Youtube videos about the “Dumbest Tweets of 2013/2014“… oh man. That’s a whole side of Twitter that I’ve never seen. It was funny, but also painful. SO many misspellings, and worse.
Okay, and now I have to go pass out because it’s after midnight and I need to sleep if I’m going to get up, go to the gym, and then come home to read all day. I need my energy. How are ya’ll doing?