Yay! FINALLY, I’m doing a Top Ten Tuesday post. It’s been ages, but it feels good to be getting back into the swing of things. Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the lovely gals over at The Broke and The Bookish, and the topic this week is Top Ten Books On My Summer TBR List. I’m practically bubbling in excitement, because I’ve been re-reading the Outlander series since March, and while I absolutely love it, I’m glad I’ll be done soon so I can get back to other reading. Let’s see what we got:
1. Last God Standing by Michael Boatman – I picked this up on a whim ages ago, browsing around Barnes and Noble. Apparently God decides to quit and come down to Earth, to see what all the fuss is about and to make it as a stand-up comedian. I feel like only good things can come from this.
2. Who Fears Death by Nnedi Okorafor – Another random buy from B&N. In post-apocalyptic Africa, a child is born out of a violent rape, and named Onyesonwu – “who fears death?” The girl grows to discover abilities… and stuff happens. I don’t know, because I haven’t read it yet. But this sounds really good, and really heartbreaking.
3. Born to Run by Christopher McDougall – I know, a running book. It’s about a group of people who can run MILES, like so many MILES, without stopping, and it got really great reviews, and whatever. I like/miss running.
4. Please Ignore Vera Dietz by A.S. King – I got this book in the BookRiot Quarterly box! I’m psyched to read it. I’ve heard good things, and it should be a quick YA read.
5. Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie – Man I’d love to learn how to pronounce this author’s name… anyways, I’ve been excited to read this for a while. It’s about race, and love, and I’m sure a bunch of other things. I have high hopes for this one.
6. Uganda Be Kidding Me by Chelsea Handler – The title of this one weirds me out, but I like Chelsea Handler and I felt like this pile needed some more comedy.
7. Lost Lake by Sarah Addison Allen – The new SAA! I like her books, they’re awesome magical realism.
8. The Future of the Mind by Michio Kaku – !!!! I’ve been ITCHING to read this for months. I bought it basically as soon as it came out, and I’ve just biding my time, waiting for work and everything to calm down so I can focus and enjoy it.
9. The Sparrow by Mary Doria Russell – So, I’ve heard of this book on the BookRiot podcast. I was browsing around the library’s used bookstore the other day, and it was only $2, so I grabbed it. I posted a pic on Instagram of the library haul, and this book got the MOST comments, despite all the other awesome things in that pile. Clearly, this needs to be read sooner rather than later.
10. Written in My Heart’s Own Blood by Diana Gabaldon – Outlander #8! I HAVE BEEN WAITING YEARS. I just have to finish re-reading An Echo in the Bone, so I should be starting this beauty by the end of the week.
Oh, and in addition to all this, I plan on continuing on with the Manhattan Projects series and Y: The Last Man series – I’m addicted to graphic novels lately. Now, what are you planning to read this summer? Give me more ideas!