Well, my heart isn’t really in it at the moment, but updates, I guess? Basically nothing much except that work was, again, super busy and stressful this week. So, yet again, sorry I haven’t been online much…
Bullets? ( Gotta love the bullet points for when you’re too lazy to write coherently.)
- The honeyman came home from work one day to discover that I had left a cupboard cracked open, Gabby got in it, and she devoured an entire bag of kitty treats. She’s hilarious. And a fat ass. She seemed okay (though she didn’t eat dinner that night, of course), but today she got sick and there was some pieces of the wrapper from the treats in there. And she was sneezing all over the place today, so it seems she has a kitty cold. Poor girl.
- On a less funny, not-so-cute note, on Friday either I left the freezer open, or Gabby popped it open jumping down from the top of the fridge, but it was open all day and all the food thawed out. So that sucked a lot. And I haven’t even gone grocery shopping yet to re-stock.
- Got my car fixed! Which is very awesome, because I kind of missed my car and yay, less money in gas.
- I stopped at the library on Monday and they had one of those “blind date with a book” displays and I was SO excited. And yes I picked a book, but I’m not going to tell you what it is until I read it.
- We watched the documentary Good Hair last night. It was really interesting, though I was hoping for it to be a little more… I don’t know. I felt like it only really touched on the subject, and didn’t go much into the WHY this idea of “good hair” and “bad hair” exists in the black community, or take a stand on the topic either way. Still, it was worth the watch. AND it added to my movie-watching for this year.
And now for a really sucky thing – I think I’m stepping out of the Bleak House readalong. And I kind of hate that I’m doing that, but this week I hardly had any time for reading, and didn’t even get through chapter 12. It’s too dense to concentrate on during my half hour lunch at work. I usually sit at my desk and eat and read, and trying to read Bleak House while all the office chatter is going on around me just wasn’t working. And it wasn’t leaving me time to read anything else, and I don’t want to basically only read one book for the next six weeks. With work being so insanely busy lately and no sign of it slowing down, I need my little bit of reading time to be for escapism and Bleak House just wasn’t cutting it. I was liking it so far, and I’ll try to read bits, but I can’t keep up with the readalong. It’s just not a good time for me.
I feel very lousy about that, but I also felt kind of cheery at being able to pick up a different book. I read Revival: Volume 1 today (zombie-ish graphic novel), and now I’ve started Assassin’s Apprentice by Robin Hobb. Magic and assassins, that’s why I need right now.
Aaaand now I’m going to stop being whiny and get on with trying to catch up on online stuff. Hope ya’ll are having a good weekend 🙂