Happy Saturday ya’ll!
I had a surprisingly good reading month in January. I usually do, I think because I’m just so excited and refreshed by the start of the new year, but still. I managed to read 13 books! Okay, so it was 5 graphic novels, 1 short story/novella, and 7 regular sized books, but still. That’s a crap ton of reading, considering how busy I’ve been.
So let’s take a look at my TBR pile for last month…
Pretty dang good, I think! I did read SOME of Just Another Judgement Day, but I was having an issue focusing on it so it’s now my gym-bag book, for when I want to read while on the arc trainer or treadmill. And I just never got around to really delving into Unfamiliar Fishes.
And now the best part – let’s look at the pile for February!
From the top…
- Strange Bedpersons by Jennifer Crusie – Because a little steamy romance around Valentine’s Day sounds like a good idea 🙂
- The Parable of the Sower by Octavia Butler – I’ve been meaning to read more Butler for ages now. She’s does a good job with sci-fi/fantasy.
- Assassin’s Apprentice by Robin Hobb – Fantasy! And because both Jenn and Riv love it, so I’m positive I will too. And it’s been sitting on my shelf for way too long.
- A Series of Unfortunate Events: The Bad Beginning by Lemony Snicket – I’ve never read these books! And I just KNOW I’m going to love the snark. And why not, it should be a nice easy read.
- Higgs Discovery: The Power of Empty Space by Lisa Randall – SCIENCE. And, it’s be a female physicist, which is awesome. I realized that I read a lot of science, but none were by women, and that sucked. Randall has a few books out I’m hoping to read this year.
- An Ordinary Man by Paul Rusesabagina – An autobiography by the guy who sheltered a bunch of people during the Rwandan Genocide in his hotel.
- Radiance of Tomorrow by Ishmael Beah – Beah was a child soldier in Sierra Leone and I read his memoir A Long Way Gone a few years ago. And now he has a novel! And I bet it’s going to be really good, but probably a bit tragic too.
- The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion – A re-read! Because I LOVED it on audio, and when Katie picked it as her next Fellowship of the Worms book, I was really excited to have an excuse to read it again. Posts go up on Feb. 11th, so you should grab a copy and join in!
- Riding Rockets by Mike Mullane – This astronaut memoir was mentioned in Packing for Mars, so of course I requested it from the library as soon as I could.
- Revival: You’re Among Friends by Tim Seeley, Mike Norton, Mark Englert – A new zombie graphic novel series to try out! I’ve heard good things about it so far.
So this may seem like a lot, but I’m optimistic. January went a LOT better than expected, and I’ll have a four-day weekend this month because of my birthday, so clearly one of those days is going to have to be a day of me reading on the couch. And you know, a lot of these are short or easy.
OH, and I’m also reading Bleak House this month for the readalong, but I think we’re aiming to finish it in March because it’s effing HUGE, so it’ll go in March’s TBR pile.
I’m so excited for the awesome reading I have ahead of me! Anything in particular you’re aiming to read this month?