Yeah, late Sarah Sunday update… that might start being the norm, since Saturdays I’m usually kinda busy and not online much.
- It’s been Bout of Books this week, and I’ve been LOVING it. Today’s the last day, which is kinda sad, but so far this week I’ve read Buck by M.K. Asante, Boxers and Saints by Gene Luen Yang, A Matter of Life by Jeffrey Brown, Virgins (a short story) by Diana Gabaldon, and Chew: Volume 1 by John Layman and Rob Guillory. I’m probably going to finish Smarter Than You Think by Clive Thompson tonight, and I’m about 100 pages into Packing for Mars by Mary Roach. So basically, this week has been super awesome reading-wise.
- What’s not exactly awesome is that I haven’t written a sing review for any of those yet… so that will be what I’m working on later this week.
- I finally went ahead and downloaded the Dr. Horrible’s Sing-A-Long Blog soundtrack from Amazon, making my car rides much more musical. Just picture me singing loudy, badly, and happily along as I drive.
- Since the holidays are finally over, I’ve been getting better about having a sort of routine to my new work schedule. Saturday morning/afternoons are for errands now – grocery shopping, the pet store, the library, etc. Yesterday included a trip to the mall so that I could use up my B&N gift cards I got for Christmas. I spent about an hour walking around, looking at books. It was the best.
- I’ve decided I want a Kindle Paperwhite. I know, I know. I’m probably going to do a whole blog post about it later this week.
- The honeyman finds some weird, hilarious stuff on Youtube. Right now, I’m finding Lil Dicky’s videos Ex-Boyfriend and White Dude particularly amusing. Especially White Dude, because he basically talks about how lucky he is that he’s not a minority or a woman, and it SOUNDS like that would be a jerk move, but you never see white guys acknowledging stuff like that, so I approve.
- I actually managed to go to the gym twice last week! Last Sunday, Thursday, and then today, so it feels like three times. My running has gotten TERRIBLE since I slacked off so much, but it’s nice to get back into the habit of it. And I really, really can’t wait to get running shoes this spring so I can run outside more.
- Katie’s online book club is reading The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion (posts about it go up Feb 11) and I highly recommend you join in and read it. I’m totally excited to re-read it.
Aaaand now I’m going to go back to reading, because it’s already 7 and I actually have to go into work early tomorrow (booooo). Hope ya’ll are having a great weekend! What have you been up to?