I wasn’t going to do any sort of resolutions or goals post for 2014, because I’m kind of lazy like that, and so I was going to skip this week’s Top Ten Tuesday. But I thought of some stuff, so here I am! Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the lovely gals at The Broke and The Bookish, and this week’s topic is Top Ten Goals/Resolutions for 2014.
1. Self-host – Yeah, I said that last year. But in order to get the best deal for self-hosting, which I want because I’m cheap, requires a bit more money at once. So come tax refund time, this will finally be happening. And along with self-hosting will come a different blog design, being an Amazon or The Book Depository affiliate, BookTubing more, and getting some cool contact cards for my blog via Printstagram.
2. Learn to make GIFs – Sometimes I know exactly what I want a GIF of, but can’t find it anywhere. And then I end up with a bunch of random GIFs saved that I never get around to using because I find ones that are great, but not exactly what I want at the moment.
3. Watch 52 movies – Yeah, I’ve been over this already.
4. Read a 100 pages a day – I’m already failing at this. But I have a cool new little planner that I’m kind of hoping to keep track of “pages per day” in.
5. Make a frittata – Maybe a version of The Pioneer Woman’s right here. Frittatas sounds like something I would LOVE, but I’ve never had or made one. Also I was going to put “make a shepherd’s pie” on this list too, but I did that on Sunday! What what.
6. Don’t gain weight back – Well this is a “duh” one. I want to stay within the 5 lb. range of where I am now.
7. Work up to 20 push-ups – So I lost some weight and cardio is kind of my jam, but I’m a bum when it comes to any kind of strength training. Also, I don’t like my upper arms. They’re squishy. Guess how many push-ups I can do? 1, maybe. So my thinking is do more push-ups, maybe my arms won’t be so squishy. It’s a good plan, kind of.
8. Get new glasses and/or contacts – Again, something for tax time. Because even with insurance, glasses and contacts are expensive. I don’t know if I can deal with putting contacts in, and I really love how I look in glasses, but it would be SO NICE to be able to buy and wear sunglasses this summer.
9. Buy new running shoes – My last aim for tax time money is to get myself some good new running shoes, because I need them desperately.
10. Do another run – Either the Color Run, or one of those zombie runs. It sounds SO fun, and will give me a little motivation to stick with running, and yeah. I did the Color Vibe Run last year and it was kind of fun, but also kind of sucked because it was freaking freezing and snowing -in late April. Hopefully that won’t happen again.
Alright, I’m back to working and reading and stuffs. What are you aiming to do this year?