Good morrrrrning! And Happy New Year! (Okay, we’re like 5 days in, but still.)
- For New Year’s Eve, the honeyman and I got all dressed up and went to our friend’s house – the four of us had shrimp, and a big delicious dinner, and lots and lots of alcohol. Well, really me and my friend had a lot of alcohol – the guys not so much. My friend and I ended up doing a couple tequila shots, and somehow it was 3 in the morning before the honeyman and I went home, but it was a really fun night. Lookin fancy, eating delicious food, playing games, etc. Good stuff.
- New Year’s Day was super lazy and awesome at home. I love da lazy days.
- Aaaaand then Thursday I got to leave work a bit early because we got slammed with a crap ton of snow. I spent an hour shoveling Friday morning before work. Boooooooo snow. And then after all that snow, temps plummeted to about 3 degrees. Ugh.
- So the other day the honeyman was just doing some paperwork and I was scrolling through Netflix, and I put on Dr. Horrible’s Sing-A-Long Blog, and now he’s been listening to the soundtrack non-stop and “My Eyes” is stuck in my head.
- Neil Patrick Harris and Nathan Fillion and Joss Whedon should do more things together. Particularly musicals.
- I’m eagerly awaiting an order from Amazon – I already used up the gift cards I got for Christmas! I managed to get 5 books for just over $50. Hurrrrrrrrryyyyyy, books.
- The Bout of Books readathon starts tomorrow! Are you joining in? You SHOULD BE. I’ve been having fun just trying to get my readathon-possibilities-pile of books sorted out.
- Season 5 of Cougar Town starts this week! I have my wine waiting for me in the fridge.
- It is ridiculous how much time the honeyman and I spend watching Vine compilations on YouTube… but a lot of them are really funny.
- All this Dr. Horrible-ness is making me want to re-watch Firefly… which would be awesome, but I’m supposed to be watching more movies, not re-watching brilliant shows… we’ll see.
Aaaand that’s all I got! We did ALL THE ERRANDS yesterday, so today I’m laying around, finishing Kinslayer by Jay Kristoff, and maaaaybe attempting my first-ever shepherd’s pie for dinner. (Wish me luck.)
How’s your weekend going?