Hey guys! Happy New Years Day!
I was talked into tequila shots last night, and didn’t get home until 3:30 in the morning… I might still be a little drunk. Or I’m hungover. Either way, if nothing in this post makes sense, I apologize.
So, I read a whopping 5 books in December!
Let’s take a look at the original December pile…
So, I only read 3 out of my original pile (that’s the audio of the Jasper Fforde book, so it doesn’t count as another book). Honestly though, 5 is about what I expected for the month, what with the holidays and all. So it’s cool.
Time to move on! Look at that January pile:
From top to bottom…
- Just Another Judgement Day by Simon R. Green – I’m working on finishing the Nightside series, finally. I’ll actually probably lay around the house reading this today.
- The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison – It’s a classic, AND it’s by a lady, AND it’s by a lady of color. So many wins.
- Unfamiliar Fishes by Sarah Vowell – I wanted to try this Sarah Vowell lady peeps keep talking about, because I like fun non-fiction. This one is about how the U.S. took Hawaii.
- Boxers and Saints by Gene Luen Yang – This graphic novels really go together, because they’re parallel stories or something. But yay graphic novels! And the author is Chinese-American – I was serious about trying to work more diversity into my reading.
- Smarter Than You Think by Clive Thompson – I am REALLY excited to read this. It’s about how technology isn’t making us as dumb as people say, and I heard the author on a podcast, and yeah. Excited.
- Kinslayer by Jay Kristoff – Finally getting around to the sequel to Stormdancer! I need to catch up on a lot of series.
So, 7 books! Not too bad. I’m hoping to read more than this, especially since the Bout of Books readathon is happening this month (starts January 6th, in fact), but I’m also trying to keep my expectations realistic. We’ll see how it goes!
I’m off to lay on the couch sipping water and hopefully reading a bit. What’s on your TBR pile this month?