Happy New Year’s everybody! So I’m doing my own end-of-year thingy here – feel free to use it if you want.
How many books did you read in 2013?
123 books, and about 43,970 pages.
Did you accomplish your reading goals?
Did you successfully complete any reading challenges?
I didn’t DO any reading challenges, so take that.
OK let’s get to the good stuff now!
1. Ten favorite reads of 2013?
- The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch
- Retribution Falls by Chris Wooding
- The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion
- Mr. Penumbra’s 24-Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloane
- Alif the Unseen by G. Willow Wilson
- The Universe Versus Alex Woods by Gavin Extence
- Rules of Civility by Amor Towles
- Horns by Joe Hill
- The Lives of Tao by Wesley Chu
- The Pleasure of Finding Things Out by Richard P. Feynman
2. Ten worst reads of 2013?
- The Corrections by Jonathan Franzen
- The Age of Miracles by Karen Thompson Walker
- The Return Man by V.M. Zito
- The River of No Return by Bee Ridgway
- Full Frontal Feminism by Jessica Valenti
- Joyland by Stephen King
- Breakfast of Champions by Kurt Vonnegut
- Empire Falls by Richard Russo
- The Returned by Jason Mott
- A Room of One’s Own by Viriginia Woolf
3. Favorite authors that you read for the first time this past year?
4. Worst authors that you read for the first time this past year?
5. Favorite releases of 2013?
7. Funniest book you read this year?
8. Saddest book you read this year?
9. Book that made you want to throw it across the room?
10. Favorite non-fiction read this year?
11. Favorite quotes or passages from books you read this year?
12. Any new favorite bookish apps / websites / trends?
13. Any regrets over “read” or “to-read” lists?
14. Favorite challenges or goals in 2013?
15. How do you feel about your 2013 reading year?
Okay, now some bloggy-questions…
16. Favorite blogs you discovered this year?
And I KNOW there are probably more, but I’m really terrible at keeping track of when I started following blogs, so my bad.
17. Did you attend any real-life bookish events? (signings, BEA, National Book Fest, etc.)
18. Did you participate in any online bookish events? (readathons, readalongs, etc.)
19. Blogging highlights of this year?
20. What didn’t work for your blog this year?
Looking ahead to 2014…
21. Do you have any reading goals in mind for 2014?
22. Are you participating in any 2014 reading challenges?
23. What 2014 new releases are you looking forward to?
24. What are some of your 2014 blogging goals or things you want to focus on?
25. Are you ready to get 2014 started?
YES. You don’t even know.
What are you guys doing tonight for the New Year? The honeyman and I are getting dressed up and then heading to our friends’ house to sit around and drink and basically do what we do every week (play video games and drink alcohol and/or coffee), except we’ll be all fancy-looking and awake until midnight. Fun, I know. I hope everyone has a great time tonight, and a HAPPY HAPPY NEW YEAR!