Greetings, fellow book nerds!
(If you’ve read The Rosie Project, you’ll get the “greetings” thing.) It’s TUESDAY! And that means Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by the lovely gals over at The Broke and The Bookish. Today’s topic feels a little redundant to me, possibly because I keep talking about the books I’m hoping to read by the end of the year, but the actual topic, Top Ten Books On My Winter TBR, encompasses December AND January AND February. Soooo let’s see what I’m thinking of reading while it’s freezing outside.
1. NOS4A2 by Joe Hill – I just got this in the mail! I won an ARC of it during the last 24-Hour Readathon, and it came! I’m so excited. I’m hoping to fit this in before Christmas, because it’s a creepy book about a place called Christmasland… we’ll see how that goes. I have a lot of other books I’m hoping to get to as well.
2. One of Our Thursdays is Missing by Jasper Fforde – I think I’m going to start listening to the audiobook of this sometime this week!
3. The Grinch by Dr. Seuss – Part of me is hoping I get a chance to read this to one of my nephews or niece this month… just cause.
4. Gibbon’s Decline and Fall by Sheri S. Tepper – I’ve had this book sitting around for AGES, and I’m hoping to get to it in early 2014. It’s feminist sci-fi, apparently, so it should clearly be a winner.
5. The Wizard of Oz by Frank L. Baum – I think this will be one of the first Classics Clubs picks I read next year… mainly because it should be relatively quick and easy, and my time is short lately.
6. The Rise of the Governor (The Walking Dead) by Robert Kirkman & Jay Bonansinga – I want to read this before TWD comes back on in February. I think there’s two more after this, but we’ll see if this is actually good enough to continue on with.
7. The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon – I found a copy of this for $4 at my library’s used bookstore! And I DO want to get to it soon, even if I’m wary of starting yet another series…
8. SERIES – Actually, that reminds me: I have SO many series that I need to finish. It would be nice if I could finish the Nightside series by Simon R. Green, the Dante Valentine series by Lilith Saintcrow, The Walking Dead comics, and a few others before the winter is out.
Alright, so that’s not actually 10, but it KIND of it since the last one is multiple books. Anyways, what are you aiming to read this winter?