What’s up guys?
It’s the first Tuesday of December! Yikes. Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the lovely ladies at The Broke and The Bookish, and this week we’re already looking to the new year – Top Ten 2014 Releases I’m Dying to Read. Well, I probably won’t make it to ten, but I do have some books I’m preeeeety excited about coming out next year.
1. Written in My Own Heart’s Blood by Diana Gabaldon – The 8th Outlander book! It was originally, hopefully, forecasted for 2013 but that ain’t gonna happen. The release date is now June 10th, and I’m okay with that. I mean, I’m not because I’m DYING to read it, but I’m cool with it taking forever because I’d rather it be super-awesome than released earlier, you know?
2. Landline by Rainbow Rowell – How lucky are we that there’s ALREADY another new Rainbow Rowell book to look forward to?? And it’s going to be more adult, like Attachments, which makes me super happy. I believe the date for Landline is July 8th.
3. Lost Lake by Sarah Addison Allen – SAA is like the queen of magical realism novels, and I’ve been waiting for this one for a long while now. I believe it comes out January 21st, and it’ll probably show up in one of my readathon piles shortly after that.
4. The Book of Life by Deborah Harkness – This is the third book in the All Souls trilogy! I don’t think there’s a cover for it yet (although I’m sure it’ll be dark blue and gorgeous), but the release date is July 15th. I’m really looking forward to seeing how Matthew and Diana’s romance wraps up.
5. The Future of the Mind by Michio Kaku – Michio Kaku is probably my favorite scientist author, and his newest book comes out on February 25th, which is two days before my birthday. I know what I’ll be treating myself to.
6. A Trail of Fire by Diana Gabaldon – So this is actually a collection of four Outlander and Lord John novellas, all of which I’ve already read in other anthologies, but CLEARLY I need my own copy of this. There’s not a solid release date for this in the U.S. (it’s already out in the UK), but she gets the publishing rights to these stories back in early 2014, so I’m hoping the book release here will come soon after.
7. Armada by Ernest Cline – This is just wishful thinking. I loved Ready Player One so much, and I’m hoping that Armada will be released later in 2014, even though there’s no real date for it yet.
8. The Martian by Andy Weir – I actually heard about this from listening to a BookRiot podcast, and Rebecca Schinsky was talking about how great it was. It’s about a man who nearly gets killed in a dust storm on Mars, and his crew leaves, assuming he’s dead. But he’s not, and now he has to try to survive, by himself, with only the supplies that got left behind until he either dies, or until someone figures out that he’s still alive and stranded there. It sounds AWESOME, and it comes out on February 11th.
And that’s really all I got here. What’s on your 2014 Book Releases list?
I really miss working in a bookstore and being more in the know as to new releases, but oh well. It’s also kind of fun to just sit here and type in authors I like in Google or Amazon to see if they have new stuff coming out soon. Am I the only one who does this?