Once again, I’m feeling a little lazy… so bullet points? Yes.
Thanksgiving happened! And it was just a really nice day. I cooked stuffed artichokes, cracker chicken, and mashed potatoes in the morning but had a couple hours of reading time, and the honeyman took a nap, and then in the early afternoon we went to hang out with our respective families. Everyone was really loud and happy and laughing, I had over half a bottle of wine, the food was delicious. Overall just a great day. How was everyone else’s?
- UGH, Christmas time. I’m not feeling it this year. I put up a few lights and window clings, but that’s it because our apartment is tiny and I don’t feel like getting the tree out of storage from the honeyman’s mom’s attic (or having to store any other tree people keep trying to give us). I’m more worried about getting my car fixed and Christmas just kind of adds to the madness this year. I AM enjoying Christmas music though. I’m a sap.
- Also, it’s my friend’s Merry Movie Marathon next weekend – 2 days of Christmas movies, alcohol, food, and socializing with other ladies in our pj’s. It’s always fun, and it’s nice to actually have weekends off now so I can do stuff like this! Maybe it’ll help get me into the Christmas spirit.
- I posted my December TBR yesterday – only 6 books. I’m not expecting to get a lot of reading done this month (although it would be a nice surprise if I did.)
- I finally saw Catching Fire! And it was SO good. It makes me want to re-read it – I haven’t read it since the first time I read the trilogy a few years ago.
- We also came kind of close to trying to adopt a kitty from Petco this week… but have decided not to. She was black and orange and had orange eyes, and she was purring and rubbing against the cage a lot when we were standing there, but I want to wait until our work schedules have calmed down a bit. And possibly until we move to somewhere larger. And until I can be certain that Gabby won’t just try to kill a kitty that we bring home, cause she’s a spoiled girl and I don’t know how she’d react to having to share her home.
- I finished The Ace of Skulls, which is the last Ketty Jay book, and it was really good but now I’m really sad that there’s no more sequels coming about these characters. Le sigh. I’ve also started reading Mansfield Park, via Daily Lit emails and the Jane Austen website. Those Daily Lit emails are HANDY. I can read them on my phone if I’m out and about, without it taking up storage space.
And really, nothing else exciting is happening. Hopefully I’ll get to be online more this week, and can sneak in more reading time.
How was your last week? How much is Monday sucking so far?