Good Tuesday morning, fellow book lovers! The Broke and The Bookish are the hosts of Top Ten Tuesday, and the topic this week is Top Ten Things I’m Thankful For, and they gave us the option of it being bookish or not. Last year I came up with quite an extensive list of 30 Things I’m Thankful For, and since they all still apply, I didn’t quite feel like repeating myself so much, so this will be all bookish!
1. Great books, great authors – Because really, where would we all be without them?
2. Book bloggers – You guys make reading and blogging about books EXTRA fun. I love that I have internet friends to chat with books about all day long, because I don’t have that many book-loving friends IRL. I feel so bad for teenage Sarah, who didn’t have this outlet because Goodreads and book blogging and Twitter weren’t really things back then.
3. Friends and Family who DO read – I have a friend that reads, and my older sister reads… and that’s about it. Well, and my dad right now but he’s going through more of a reading phase. Still, glad I have them to talk about books with! A few is better than none at all.
4. Caffeine – Helping me stay awake to read a few more pages since… who knows when. When did I start drinking coffee? Hmmm… 15? 16? That’s like a decade of caffeine assisting me in reading. I fall asleep REALLY easily.
5. Libraries – I read some FANTASTIC books this year, thanks to my library. My wallet cannot keep up with my constantly growing TBR.
6. Bookstores – Because I do still spend quite a bit on books. I can’t help it. And there is just something so relaxing and awesome about getting coffee and browsing around my B&N. I will always prefer real bookstores to buying books online.
7. Audiobooks – Well this is a really recent thing, but the library has been stocking more MP3 audiobook cd’s lately, and that means I’ll be checking out more, and it’s nice to have the option of listening to a book while I drive or work out.
8. Any reading time I get – With me starting a new job that significantly cuts into my reading time, I am thankful for every little half hour I get to sit down and read.
9. Bookish podcasts – I’m behind listening to my podcasts, but I really love BookRiot’s podcast, and hearing the bookish news. It always gives me food for thought.
10. Classics online – janeausten.org has all of her books on there, unabridged.
Alright you guys, what are you thankful for?