So, my brain is a little fried at the moment – it was a good week, but really busy. Hence, this week is kind of list-y.
- Most importantly, there’s a new Epic Rap Battle of History! Bob Ross vs Pablo Picasso, and it’s surprisingly good. I mean they usually are, but every now and then there’s a dud (I’m looking at you, Frank Sinatra vs Freddie Mercury), but this one surprised me.
- I will be officially in my new job position this Monday. Yay! No more six-day work weeks! I celebrated when I got the news by moving my computer to a different part of my desk, so my back isn’t to everyone. And I brought some pics and mugs and stuff into work. I’m excited, obvs. And that means that today is my LAST day of my old job position. Suck it, old job!
- Thanksgiving is this week! I am making stuffed artichokes to bring to my sister’s, and I’m making garlic mashed potatoes once I get there. AND that morning I’m making cracker chicken and MORE mashed potatoes for the honeyman to bring to his mom’s. It’s going to to be a busy morning, but I’m excited to so some real cooking. New work schedule has not really made cooking dinner easy.
- Does anyone use Scribd? It’s apparently like the new Oyster app that just came out for Apple, but it’s been out for a while and is available on Android, so I’m thinking about trying the free trial. If I like it, it’s $8.99 a month to read as many books as I want, and the selection looks decent. Really, I’m just impatient for Oyster to be offered for Android…
- You know what’s good? The Mindy Project. It’s funny. And the honeyman likes it too. Although it’s weird that he’s okay with watching that but somehow doesn’t like watching Happy Endings with me. He just doesn’t have my same love for sitcoms. Also, I’m almost done with season 2 of Happy Endings. This season is better than the 1st, I think. Lots more laughs.
- I’ve decided not to sign up for insurance at my job this year. It’s cheaper than when I looked a few years ago, but $33 a week is still a lot for someone who lives paycheck to paycheck. And it’s cheaper if I just pay the first penalty. So there’s that. Maybe next year. I have vision and dental already, and I’m determined to finally USE my vision insurance to go get new glasses and maybe contacts this spring.
- I went to the gym finally! And I’m definitely a bit out of shape after 3 weeks of not working out, but my heels didn’t bother me at all, so that’s awesome and I can start trying to go regularly again. Hooray.
- I finished listening to The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion this week, and I loved it. I also finished Lexicon by Max Barry, and now I’m reading The Ace of Skulls by Chris Wooding which you guys won’t care about because it’s the 4th Ketty Jay book, but I’m SUPER excited about it.
Aaaand I’m out! Really, I just have to make good use of this last day at my old job position and get lots of reading/blogging/Happy Endings-watching done before by shift is up. How are ya’ll doing this weekend? Exciting plans for Thanksgiving?