(Bookish and Not So Bookish Thoughts is hosted by Christine Bookishly Boisterous)
1. I sometimes WANT to get more into audiobooks, but I hate dealing with a ton of discs, so I was really happy last year when my library started getting audiobook MP3 cd’s, so that the entire book is just on one disc in MP3 format. Well they only had maybe 50 and they were really random titles I wasn’t interested in and the selection wasn’t increasing. A couple weeks ago I asked if they planned to get more in, and the librarian was kind of surprised – I told her the reason people might not be checking many out is because there isn’t much to choose from. She was really nice and promised to bring it up to someone. And then this week, I saw that they had a bunch of new titles! I’m so excited that she took my suggestion seriously. I got The Rosie Project and a romance novel by Mary Balogh, and I started listening to The Rosie Project on my way to work this morning. I totally love it so far, even if the narrator’s voice isn’t great.
2. We got our first snow this week. It was just a dusting, but still. Not cool.
3. Work is having a Thanksgiving potluck next week, and everyone is supposed to sign up to bring something. I was going to do cupcakes, but 3 other people already signed up desserts, so I guess I’m bringing baked mac & cheese that I’ll make right before I come in. And I’m not lugging my crockpot in to keep it warm or getting sterno cans or anything, so there. This office really needs an oven. Or to just splurge and cater stuff like this.
4. My car needs a starter. Car troubles suck, but the honeyman has a company vehicle now so I can drive his Jeep. And it’s really nice, except it’s a gas hog and I have a 20 minute drive to work. Blah.
5. I don’t even really want to think about Christmas shopping right now.
6. I’m missing my Gabby time this week. I’m never sitting still long enough for her to come cuddle on my lap, and I think she’s kind of pissed at my new hours because now she just won’t come over when I call. In other news, she did track a squirrel that was right outside of the window while she was half on the window sill and half on the entertainment center. Goofball.
7. I really really can’t wait to get back to the gym. Maybe my heels will be healed enough by Saturday. (She says hopefully.)
8. Me and one of my co-workers started talking about politics and racism and the death penalty the other night and it was awesome. It’s a shame political talk is taboo in most offices.
9. I’m averaging about 50 pages a day or so right now. That is not enough reading for me.
10. I’d really like to go to the movies or something this weekend. It’s been awhile. Maybe to see the new Thor movie… yeah. That sounds good. Anyone seen it yet?