All in all, not a bad week. I socialized way. too. much. for my level of comfort – we had my little sister and Devil Baby over Monday night, my older sister over on Tuesday night, and gaming friends over on Wednesday night. That’s just a whole crapload of human interaction there. Which means that on Thursday I did nothing but read, take a nap, and eat junk food, and then hung out with the honeyman when he got home. It was fabulous.
My only disappointment with this week was that I had four days off, but only went to the gym once. I’m still keeping an eye on calories so I’m still hovering in the same weight range (which is good), and I WANT to work out more, but somehow keep talking myself out of it in the morning because I’m tired. LAME, Sarah. LAME.
Anyways, some other cool stuff:
- Thanks to sj, a large amount of my online time is spent laughing at Hyperbole and a Half. How did I not know that this hilarity existed? My favorites so far are this one and this one. SO FUNNY.
- I enjoyed this post at BookRiot, about how the writer couldn’t finish her re-read of Gone With the Wind because of how racist it is. It was one of the books she loved when she was younger, but upon re-reading as an adult the blatant racism repulsed her. People were surprisingly asshole-y to her in the comments – she wasn’t suggesting that other people stop reading it. She was just talking about her experience, and bringing the topic to the table. I haven’t read GWTW yet, but I KNOW that I’m not going to love it because even if everything else is fantastic, I just won’t be able to gloss over the fact that Mitchell made slavery look like a jolly good time.
- I found The Cuckoo’s Calling at the used library bookstore for only $5. I couldn’t NOT buy it. It’ll probably be on my November TBR.
- Remember how the fourth and last Tales of the Ketty Jay book was released last month but I was begging people to explain to me why it wasn’t available on The Book Depository yet? I found out it has something to do with Amazon owing TBD now and them ruining everything, basically. So I went to Amazon and ordered it from one of the “new and used” sellers, and hopefully it’ll be here in about a month. Oy. I JUST WANT TO READ MY BOOK, DAMMIT.
- If you guys have an iPhone, have you checked out Oyster yet? Apparently it’s like Netflix, but for books. I don’t like e-reading or e-books or Apple products… but damn that’s a tempting concept. And I’ve heard good things so far. Are any of you using it?
- I’ve been listening to Neil deGrasse Tyson podcasts and it’s the best. Except for how many commercial breaks there are… but otherwise, it’s great.
As for my reading this week – I finished some short books on Sunday because of the readathon, I’m not going to list them all again. We’re more than halfway through The Corrections for the readalong, thank goodness. I’m more than halfway through Red Seas Under Red Skies, (which is the sequel to The Lies of Locke Lamora) and my goodness I love these books. I hope Scott Lynch never stops writing them. Also, I’m loving how women aren’t pitiful little background objects in these books – they’re swordswomen, assassins, pirates. It’s awesome. And I’m still reading The Woman in White, which honestly I haven’t made much progress on this week because my mind is all wrapped up in my Locke Lamora book. So.
Alright you guys, I’m off to try to catch up on other internet stuff and read more of my book. Having a good weekend? Anything fun planned this week?