Ohhh man you guys! It’s here! This is officially the start of Dewey’s 24-Hour Readathon, and it’s going to be AWESOME. Because it always is. FACT.
As freaking always, I work today & Sunday so I’ll probably take a nap or two. The honeyman is also home after being away for training for most of the last 2 weeks, so I might take a break to hang out with him too. BUT I shall get reading done. I got books, I got snacks and dinner planned – I’M READY.
My pile of readathon potentials, from top to bottom…
One of Our Thursdays is Missing by Jasper Fforde
- My Brief History by Stephen Hawking
- The Sigh by Marjane Satrapi
- Horns by Joe Hill
- Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
- Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame-Smith
- Amped by Daniel Wilson
Basically I have a bunch of random stuff, because who knows what I’ll feel like reading today.
My readathon goals for today…
- Read at least 500 pages.
- Visit some blogs.
- Do a couple update posts, and maybe a couple challenges.
- Eat foooooood.
- Take a nap before I go back into work.
- Socialize on Twitter.
- HAVE FUN OF COURSE.
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? NY! I think it’s supposed to be in the 70’s today, so I may sneak outside for a walk later.
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? I think My Brief History by Stephen Hawking. It’s short, and non-fiction!
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? JALAPENO POPPERS. They are my traditional readathon snack. And chicken tacos for dinner has become a traditional readathon dinner – because the chicken cooks in the crockpot, which means little work for me 😉
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! I’m 26, I live with the most amazing boyfriend and our kitty Gabby, and I’m hoping to use the readathon today as a jumpstart to a whole week of lotsa reading. I love the Outlander series, and I like reading about science lately (despite HATING science when I was a little girl in school).
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? I’ve participated in a LOT of readathons now, and there’s nothing I’ll do different today. My only regret is that I didn’t get enough sleep last night, so there will be more breaks for naps than I would normally want.
Alright you guys! I’m trying to decide on what my first readathon book is going to be. What are you starting off with?
Catch up with ya’ll in a few hours 🙂