So my Sarah Sunday post is coming kind of late, because I’m doing the opposite shift at work today. Hooray for more internetz time though – we’re getting ours turned on at home tomorrow, I CANNOT WAIT.
We moved! Obviously. And I was pretty much done unpacking by the second day, which should tell you a lot about just how much freaking stuff we put in storage. Our kitchen is teeny tiny (sucks), there’s a window in the wall in the shower (cool) but it’s ground level (sucks), and of course being down to one bedroom is a bummer, but overall I’m warming up to it. It’s cozy at least, and cheaper rent so we can save, yada yada yada. I felt A LOT better once my books were unpacked.
But before we get to the obligatory bookshelf photos, did you see my space pants?!?! I have been eyeing those stretchy pants for well over a months, and last night was date night, we were strolling through the mall after having seen The World’s End (hilarious, btw), and I finally bought them. I will never, ever wear them outside of the house, but how cool are they for around-the-house pants? THE COOLEST. I’m way too excited. Yay for nerdy things.
Okay, bookshelves! Here they are when they were empty. So sad.
It’s weird having my books all spread out, after having a whole second bedroom just for my books for the last 3 years. But it’s also kind of nice, because I see books everywhere now 😉
After several long, glorious hours (only interrupted by the apartment people delivering a brand new fridge, which I wasn’t expecting and had to move all my books to the side for), here they are all nice and almost-full!
The revolving bookcase has miscellaneous mass fiction, library books, and current Monthly TBR books on it. The storage closet bookshelf has romance, poetry, random fiction, and some random non-fiction. That skinny shelf on the bottom left is actually a DVD shelf (although in the old apartment, it was in the kitchen holding my spices & cds), and now it holds mass market series books, which I totally love. The dining area bookcase holds classics and non-fiction, and the living room bookcase holds all of my favorites/best-liked books.
You probably didn’t really care about any of that… but it’s my blog, so *shrug*.
Other things of note:
- I bought size 8 jeans at NY&Co this week! Now, it’s probably just the kind of style they were, but I’ve never been a size 8 in ANY style, so that was exciting indeed. (I’m not really aiming to be 8 or under, I was happy with 10 quite honestly. But still, cool!)
- Not having internet at home SUCKS.
- Gabby was SO FREAKED OUT when we moved, but she seems to be getting used to it now. She hasn’t quite learned that the windows are set higher up from the floor now, so when she runs around like a demonic kitty, she kind of face-bashes into the window ledge and it’s hysterical.
- Speaking of Gabby, Petco is apparently phasing out Iams dry cat food because it’s too much “filler” and not good for them, so we’re switching her to Natural Choice brand, which seemed a good compromise between healthier and so-healthy-it-costs-a-fortune. Any suggestions for dry cat food?
- I have about 170 pages left in Empire Falls, and I’m hoping to finish that sucker tonight. I haven’t finished any books yet this month 😦
- We had game night on Tuesday. Not only did my friend cook us an awesome dinner, but she decided we should drink. She was kind enough to share her favorite wine with me (some special kind that she can only get about 3 hours away), and it was DELICIOUS. But she poured half the bottle in each of our glasses, and it was much stronger wine than I’m used to. So that was fun 🙂 I believe I used the word “tispy” at some point…
- I’m kind of excited about fall – tall boots and pumpkin lattes. Hell yes.
- I start back at LB next week. It’s a good thing I can’t fit in any of the clothes there anymore, maybe I’ll actually be able to SAVE that extra money.
Aaaand that’s all I got! I’m STILL working my way through my feed reader, so I’m going to go tackle that before I sit here and plow through the rest of Empire Falls.
How are you guys doing? Have you seen The World’s End yet? Enjoying the start of fall? Any plans for the week?