Hey you guuuuuys!
As you’re reading this, I’m probably waking up in our new apartment and getting ready for a long day of unpacking. You’re green with envy, I know.
What this means in particular though is that all of the books I have on my TBR list this month are either A) waiting for me at the library or B) packed in boxes that I haven’t opened yet or C) have not been released yet. So no pretty picture of my pile this month 😦 I’m probably the only one sad about this – it’s one of my favorite parts. I’ll probably post one to Instagram later next week, once I have most of the books together.
Anyhoo, let’s see how I did in August! I did AH-MAH-ZING.
I read 10 out of the 12! I never got around to George’s Cosmic Tresure Hunt, and I DNF-ed The Flame Alphabet after about 60 pages because I just wasn’t into it. In addition to those 10, I also read 7 other books. That’s a lot, so I’m not going to list them here – you’ll have to wait for my August Mini-Review Recap 😉
Now, here’s what I have on my list for September!
- A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving – Everyone and their mother has been raving about this lately, even though it’s kind of old, so I miss investigate.
- Empire Falls by John Russo – Rory AND Katie both love it, so obviously I need to read it immediately.
- Les Miserables by Victor Hugo – I’m reading this with Jen and Sam, although I know that Jen’s miles ahead of me already. My copy has been packed away and I knew which box it was in, but it was surrounded by other boxes. Also, I have no intention of finishing it in September… it’ll probably take me at least 2 months, I would think.
- Lean In by Sheryl Sandberg – I’m reading this with Rebecca and Allison. It’s about women in the workforce and politics… or something like that. Yay non-fiction!
- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell – Come September 10th, I’m going to be all over this book like brown on rice. (The honeyman tells me the saying is “like white on rice”… but I like brown rice.)
- Kinslayer by Jay Kristoff – I just finished Stormdancer recently and this is the sequel. Japanese steampunk, awesome characters, rebellion… so can’t wait to dig in. Comes out September 17th.
- Primates by Jim Ottaviani – Another science/non-fiction graphic novel!
- The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch – I’ve been eyeing this fantasy novel for a long time and I finally bought it. It better be good, because it’s about 700 pages.
- More possibilities, depending on how much time I have and how soon I can get my hands on these – The Ace of Skulls by Chris Wooding (comes out September 12th in the U.K., I need to order it ASAP), Song of the Quarkbeast by Jasper Fforde, Attachments by Rainbow Rowell (this would be a re-read for Katie’s book club), You Suck by Christopher Moore (re-read, it’s the sequel to Bloodsucking Fiends which I re-read recently), and more… I WANT TO READ ALL THE BOOKS.
I know damn well that this list is too ambitious. Not only am I going to be unpacking and getting the new apartment settled, I’m also going back to Lane Bryant in the middle of the month to work some extra hours. Plus trying to still fit in time at the gym a couple times a week… *sigh* It’s going to be rough. But I’m just SO EXCITED by all the books I want to read.
Alright, what’s on your TBR this month? Any new releases you’re psyched out? Reading anything good?