You guyyyyys, it’s Harry Potter Post Day! (Well actually tomorrow is, but I just published this by accident on Thursday afternoon, and I’m rollin’ with it.) But it’s a bit of a sad one, because DUMBLEDORE!!
But I’m getting ahead of myself, as always. There’s a lot to chat about here, so I’ma jump straight into the bullet points. Kay?
- Luna’s Quidditch commentary is obviously stellar, and McLaggen is such a douche.
- Hepzibah Smith sounds like a female version of Professor Slughorn – they’re both large, addicted to comfort and luxury, and ended up giving Voldy something he wanted without meaning to.
- Again, the Voldy memories are super fascinating. I totally forgot how he got the cup and locket.
- Also, Dumbledore in that meeting when Voldy asked again for the DADA job? Ruled it
- Wooooot and now we now why the DADA position is actually cursed!
- You’d think that the “Half-Blood Prince” wouldn’t have just left his shit around for anybody to look at like that…
- Harry takes the Felix Felicis and it’s hilarious, although I think more so in the movie.
- THE HORCRUXES! Dumbledore finally realizes what the hell he’s been doing and his big theory about why Voldemort didn’t die. And it’s awesome. And led to constant speculation about what exactly the four Horcruxes might be (because back when the books were still new, it seemed like maybe Dumbledore could’ve been wrong about one or two, and we didn’t know what the thing from Gryffindor or Ravenclaw might be.)
- I find it interesting that the Dementor’s Kiss removes your soul from your body and you basically become a catatonic skinbag – no personality, no thoughts or dreams or desires. Buuuut apparently you can purposely rip your soul up into itty bitty pieces and store those pieces in random objects that might get destroyed without any real effect on your personality or powers. Oh, but it makes your physical appearance change and your face looks waxy and warped. What the hell, JK.
- Soooo… were brooms not an option to get across that creepy zombie-filled lake? Just wondering.
- If only Dumbles was strong enough to apparate… Harry would’ve been safe stuck underneath the Cloak, but he could’ve saved himself.
- Damn Malfoy, who is still a HORRID person and I can’t stand, but apparently he’s not a real killer.
- DUMBLEDORE!!!! More sad faces.
- Aaaand the biggest “Is Snape good or evil?” debate begins! That was a fun bout of speculation while waiting for the 7th book. I honestly don’t remember which side I was on…
- Oh and Snape is the Half-Blood Prince! But by this point, who cares?
- Ummm that battle scene in Hogwarts was EPIC. Can’t believe they left it out of the 6th movie.
- So how gross is it that Fenrir Greyback has developed a taste for human flesh even when he’s not in werewolf form? So gross.
- AWWWWWW Fleur loves Bill even though his face is all messed up. And AWWWWW Tonks and Lupin are in love! So sweet. And this:
“Dumbledore would’ve been happier than anybody to think that there was a little more love in the world.”
- Scrimgeour, once again, sucks. And good job to Harry for refusing to tell anybody what him and Dumbledore were working on, except his close friends.
OHMYGOODNESS WE ONLY HAVE ONE BOOK LEFT! Well, two if we’re counting The Tales of Beedle the Bard, which we should even though it’s tiny, because it’s delightful. I’m dreading that in about a month I’m going to actually have to come up with something else to post on Fridays