Woooooo, it’s the end of the readathon! Which was so fun and awesome, and I’m already looking forward to whenever in October the next one is.
Thank you SO SO MUCH to the organizers, challenge hosts, prize donors, cheerleaders, and everyone else who makes Dewey’s readathon such a big deal!
- Which hour was most daunting for you? Ummm hours 18 through 22 were pretty rough. I was still really tired and couldn’t focus on my book, so I spent a lot of time online, visiting blogs and clearing out my Bloglovin reader.
- Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? Sure! Holes by Louis Sachar was really good, if you’re okay with reading kids books! Also any Harry Potter is a good pick too, or any other really interesting YA.
- Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? I don’t think so! It worked pretty darn well, I think.
- What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? The challenges were SUPER fun this time around! I don’t usually participate in that many, but I really enjoyed a lot of them.
- How many books did you read? Finished 2 and started a 3rd.
- What were the names of the books you read? The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller, Holes by Louis Sachar, and I started Something Rotten by Jasper Fforde. Soooo… 477 pages total, which isn’t much but I’m still okay with it.
- Which book did you enjoy most? Probably The Song of Achilles.
- Which did you enjoy least? I liked all of them, but I think Something Rotten wasn’t the best pick for my last book. I forgot how much focus you kind of need to read the Thursday Next books and my muddled brain was just not up to the task.
- If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? I wasn’t a cheerleader this year, but I think the cheerleaders did a FAB job!
- How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? OF COURSE I’ll be participating again! And most likely just as a reader, but depending on how busy life is at that time, mayyyybe as a cheerleader or challenge hostess.
So yeah, I had so much fun! I’m slightly regretting ALL THE SNACKS yesterday, so today will be a light food day. I still feel so full from dinner 12 hours ago.
Aaaand now I have 6 hours left of work, and guess what I’m gonna do? Read and blog some more! Catch ya’ll later.