What is UP, fellow readathoners??? Dewey’s 24-Hour Readathon is finally here!
I do work today and Sunday, so I’m going to have to sleep at some point, but for the most part I can read whenever I’m not taking calls (of which there are not many, being the weekend) and when I’m at home. I gots snacks, I gots books – I’m ready!
The books I’m reading from today, from bottom to top…
- The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller, which I’m already about halfway through
- A Mercy by Toni Morrison
- Holes by Louis Sachar
- Something Rotten by Jasper Fforde
- The Good, the Bad, and the Witchy by Heather Blake
- Getting Rid of Bradley by Jennifer Crusie
And of course, if I somehow finish or get bored with these, I have about a billion other books to choose from at home.
My readathon goals for today:
- Finish at least two books, or read at least 600 pages.
- Update a few times on the blog – I’ll be doing separate posts, cause I’m too lazy to keep coming back and editing this one.
- Participate in challenges, visit new-to-me blogs, socialize a bit.
- Check in on Twitter every now and then (@SarahSaysRead is my Twitter handle if you want to say hi!)
- Eat delicious food.
- Take at least a 4-hour nap before I go back into work.
THE INTRODUCTION MEME
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? NY, and it’s a lovely 70-degree day here today! I may have to take a break and go for a walk later.
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? Hmmm… probably Holes. And I’m looking forward to maybe finishing The Song of Achilles.
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? Jalapeno poppers!!! Of course.
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! Umm I’m Sarah, I’m 26, I live with my awesome honeyman and my adorable kitty Gabby, and I’ve been reading more non-fiction than usual lately… I may have to add a non-fic pick to my pile later.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? You know, this is my 5th or 6th Dewey’s readathon and I think I’ve finally got it down! I won’t be afraid to take a nap if I need to, I have caffeine waiting for me, and I’ll try to socialize but not so much so that it hogs all my reading time.
I am SO READY you guys!!! Let’s do this!