Good morning and Happy Harry Potter post day! This section was kinda dark but quite fun, right?
Jumping right in, Harry is an ass for blaming Snape for Sirius coming to the Ministry to rescue him. I mean come on Harry, you know damn well that it wasn’t Snape’s teasing that made Sirius rush there – it was you, and the fact that he cared about you and would always rush anywhere to help you if you were in danger. Suck it up dude. Don’t blame Snape for something that was mostly your fault.
- Felix Felicis makes you feel good and everything goes your way and would obviously be abused like crack in the wizarding world. I mean honestly, there must be SO many adult wizards who just mix it into their morning coffee, despite the risks of over-use.
- So, Snape used to usually write potion directions on the board, right? But here Slughorn is using the textbooks’ potion directions, which obviously are incapable of ever producing a potion correctly because Hermione follows them and can’t even manage it. Does Slughorn not realize this? Why isn’t he teaching the kids how to make the potions the right way?
- What would you guys do if you had a day of liquid luck to use? I would TOTALLY play the lottery. Obvs. Or if that for some reason didn’t work, I’d go get an awesome job of somesort that pays awesomely and gives me flexible hours and relates to books in some way.
- Tiny Voldy is hella creepy.
almost as creepy as this…
- But am I the only one who’s totally loving seeing all of Voldy’s backstory? It’s so INTERESTING. He was a sociopath even as a BABY. That’s crazy. And we find out exactly who his parents were, and that the Slytherin line fell really far because they’re all inbred, and he was all murdering folks as a teen. But he was super sneaky about it, whereas right now he’s all just killing parents of Hogwarts kids and stuff…
- Back to the kids, and it’s so teenage-y! Harry realizes he has some feelings for Ginny. Ron is snogging Lavender because he’s mad that Hermione probably snogged Viktor, and Hermione is going all crazy-girl on him and attacking him with little teeny magical birds and that’s awesome and hilarious. They’re so confused, but you can see the love-y feelings coming out.
- Minister Rufus sucks, cause he wants to use Harry as a Ministry of Magic posterboy. And Percy sucks as well. Of course.
- When the older Weasley brothers just casually flick their wand and make gravy go back in the bowl before spilling, all I hear in my head is “LIKE A BOSS”.
- Dumbly-dore mentions something on page 363 about child-Voldy, of “the woman he had thought could not be a witch if she had succumbed to the shameful human weakness of death”. Geez. So he was obviously obsessed with not dyin’, but why didn’t Dumbles like IMMEDIATELY say “Dude- wizards and witches die too, it’s natural, circle of life, etc.” I mean it probably wouldn’t have made much a difference, but ya never know.
- Ron is poisoned! Dun dun dunnnnn.