Wooooo it’s Harry Potter post day! As I got barely 3 hours of sleep last night, this probably won’t be very coherent. Expect ALL THE BULLET POINTS!
- Can you believe that Umbridge woman and what she made Harry do to his hand?
- Me neither. Well except obviously I do, because I’ve read these before. She be crazy.
- Harry refuses to tell Dumbledore about the woman making him carve words into his own hand because “Dumbledore had not spoken to him once since last June.” Ummmm petty much??? Geez Harry, you know he IS your headmaster and the leader of the OoTP, cut the old man some slack. I mean I know the real reason Dumby’s being all aloof, but Harry doesn’t, he’s just being a brat.
- Sirius gets all surly when Harry says not to risk his neck by coming to Hogsmeade. I know Sirius is being a tad childish here, but I feel bad for him. He’s stuck in that horrible house ALL THE TIME, and feels like he’s the only Order member not doing anything useful. Still don’t quite understand why avoiding the Ministry & Death Eaters is THAT hard, but it’s a crap situation he’s stuck in.
- On page 333 Ron gets all freaked out when Hermione says Voldemort. I’ve been wondering for a while… since all these kids their age and younger never knew the terror that was Voldemort’s previous reign, should they really be that afraid of saying his name? I’ve been wondering this for the last 4 books, but apparently it’s only now really bothering me. By this age, you’d have grown out of being afraid of just a name. I’m pretty sure I grew out of the “Don’t say Bloody Mary” phase by the time I was their age.
- The Room of Requirements is THE BOMB. Probably one of the coolest magical things in Potter-verse. I want one.
- When they’re creeping to the Room of Requirements for the first time, Harry checks the Marauder’s Map and sees that Mrs. Norris is on the fourth floor. So do other pets show up on the map, like Crookshanks the cat or Trevor the frog? Or is Mrs. Norris really an Animagus or something? Was this ever explained?
- SO MUCH CHO in this section. Snore. But I love this part when Hermione’s explaining Cho’s feelings to the boys:
Oh Hermione. You’re so cool.
- Oh and Umbridge is all mean to Hagrid! What a malicious, conniving b…
And now I can’t believe where this section ended, because OMG Mr. Weasley! And so many big things coming! I felt like this past section was a lot of filler… just Umbridge being a psycho and Harry’s awkward flirting with Cho.