Hey, it’s Harry Potter post day! And this isn’t going to be coherant at all…
So, Voldemort has made his return! DUN DUN DUNNNNNN! I don’t remember my exact feelings when I first read this book… I remember thinking the intricateness of the plot was kind of awesome, and an oh-shit kind of feeling at the end… but I don’t remember if I was ever afraid of Voldemort. You know how everyone in the HP world is all terrified of just saying his name, but the really brave ones actually say “Voldemort”? I’d be the cocky asshole calling him Voldy and poking fun at his missing nose.
I’d probably be the first one he killed…
For some reason I just want to pat Voldemort on the head. Kind of like Darth Vadar, he just doesn’t live up the super-scary expectations. Maybe it’s because of how bad they did him in the movies, or these hilarious memes, or the fact that come on… he’s the bad guy and these are kids books. Were any of us REALLY afraid that he would emerge triumphant? I have a hard time taking him too seriously. But I’m getting off track… he’s back! And he killed Cedric! And bad stuff is on the way!
On to the bullets!
- I have such a hard time remembering that throughout this whole book, Moody isn’t really Moody! Young Crouch does an awesome job at blending in, I think. Well, not blending in… but in making sure that he comes off as a good guy. He really seems teacher-like, and he even fools all the teachers. He fools Dumbledore for the whole year! So you know, good job dude…
- Why doesn’t Lil’ Crouch kidnap Harry at ANY time throughout this whole book? Like over by the forest when Harry was talking to Krum? I mean, did he HAVE to wait until Harry got to the Triwizard Cup? Is it just because Voldy likes to be a show-off? This plan could have gone SO wrong if Cedric decided “Yeah screw you, I’m gonna take the cup by myself.” That would have been an entire year of plotting wasted.
- Page 616 is the first hint at a Fleur-Bill ship! ❤
- Why exactly did Wormtail have to cut off his WHOLE hand? Really, a finger wouldn’t have done it? And jesus how sharp was that dagger to slice through his wrist/arm in one swipe?
- Voldemort is the MASTER of bad-guy monologuing. His vanity and urge to be all dramatic is one giant flaw.
- I thought that a Portkey could only be used once? In chapter 6 after they use the boot to get the the World Cup grounds, Mr. Weasley picks the boot up and hands it to someone. So how exactly was Harry able to use the Triwizard Cup to get back to Hogwarts?
- Poor Cedric… He really was a good guy, even though Harry kind of hated him for diggin on Cho.
- OMG the scene with Dumbledore and Fudge arguing in the hospital wing! I forgot about that scene, and how bad-ass Dumbly is. And what a stupid, stupid man Fudge is. Also, I love seeing Dumbledore start to give out orders and the wizards kind of gearing themselves up for a fight. Yay being proactive!
- I really liked Krum, and I’m sad that he doesn’t end up being a bigger part of the series after this book. He wasn’t NEARLY as big of an ass as they make him out to be in the movie. (I just watched the movie the other day, since I haven’t seen it in years. I forgot how much they screwed up… ugh.)
- I forget – does Rita Skeeter ever make an appearance again? Or does Hermione just kind of forget about her in that jar? Which would be HILARIOUS, by the way.
- And awwww Fred & George. Yay Harry for helping them out.
OKAY so them’s my thoughts! I feel like I was a lot more nitpicky than I usually am, but I had some issues as we can see. What do ya’ll think?
On to Order of the Phoenix! Crap I already feel like crying… this is gonna be rough.