Hi guys! Soooo yeah, I missed the post for the second section cause I hadn’t done my post before I gave my laptop away to be fixed… but from what I’ve read this morning in all your posts, ya’ll covered the important stuff! So this is going to be a tiny bit of my thoughts from that section and then I’m moving right on to the third section.
Also, since I’m doing these posts from work right now, they won’t be as GIF-heavy. Work blocks a LOT of gif sites.
I’m going to bullet-point the crap out of this post…
- Harry gets picked as a 4th champion, Ron’s a jerk but I can kinda see why, Harry beats the dragon, yada yada yada…
- Hermione starts SPEW, which we all have mixed feelings about I think. Cause on the one hand, house elves are TOTALLY mistreated and that ain’t cool, but they claim that they’re happy this way… but like someone else mentioned, that was a slave mentality at one point as well. I wish they could find a happy medium, like house elves do everything that they do because they like it that way, but they have the right to get paid if they want and can complain if their masters are beating them? Or you know, quit and find a different wizarding family?
- DOBBY is back! And he’s all kinds of awesome and adorable. Although it bugs me that he doesn’t realizes socks are SUPPOSED to match. Really, living with wizards all these years and he never noticed that humans match their socks?
- Hermione is all kinds of awesome. She taunts Malfoy by pretending she sees Professor Moody nearby, and she TOTALLY tells Ron off for being a jerk and not asking her to the ball before someone else did. Awww, the start of the Hermione&Ron ship!
- Hagrid: “I’ve bin an idiot. I’m not botherin’ with her no more, I promise yeh that. Big bones… I’ll give her big bones.” *giggles*
- Second task. Harry foolishly acts noble, but once again his being all noble gets him a ton of extra praise and stuff. It’s that darn heroic-persona thing again. I find it hard to believe Madame Maxime didn’t throw a fit like Karkaroff and give Harry low marks. Of course, her student didn’t even complete the task so maybe that’s why.
- More Sirius love! Cause he totally is risking himself yet again by being nearby in case Harry needs him. And because: “If you want to know what a man’s like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.” ❤ Some of you may argue that he doesn’t really believe this because of Kreacher later, but whatevs, Kreacher was terrible. But more on that much later.
- Mr. Crouch is found and he’s all crazy-pants. And I know whhhyyy… But you know, then he escapes again.
- Oh yeah, and this book starts Harry’s crush of Cho, which is boring and lame.
- Anybody else feel a little bad for Krum? Cause as much as I totally love Hermione & Ron for each other, I thought her and Krum were a cute match but after the ball she totally starts ignoring him and kind of being a bit of a jerk… If she doesn’t like him that’s cool, but it seems like she just leads him on and that ain’t nice.
- Rita Skeeter is SOOOOO annoying! And evil! I love how determined Hermione is to get revenge on her.
- Third task is coming up and stuff is getting more and more mysterious! I think I always appreciated this book a lot because there is a whole lot of mystery and complexity and stuff in the plot.
Okay you guys, that’s all my notes for this section. I’m really looking forward to finishing this one and moving onto book 5!