Alriiiiight, it’s Tuesday! Which means is time for Top Ten Tuesday, which is hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. This week’s topic is Top Ten Authors That I’d Put On My Auto-Buy List.
1. Diana Gabaldon – Umm, duh. I will scoop up any book she puts out as quick as they come. ESPECIALLY if they’re Outlander or Lord John books.
2. Michio Kaku – Michio is my probably my favorite physics author, because he writes really fun, interesting, thoughtful books about theoretical physics and the possibilities of where theories and science could take us. You should check out Physics of the Future.
3. Christopher Moore – He is SO FUNNY. I prefer some of his older stuff like Lamb, but no matter what I’ll try whatever he puts out.
4. J.K. Rowling – Yeah, even though I couldn’t finish The Casual Vacancy, I would still buy and try out anything she writes.
5. Jennifer Crusie – She’s my favorite contemporary romance author, so whenever she comes out with a new book I pick it up instantly. I’m always holding out hope that she’ll write another book as awesome as Bet Me. (It’s been a long while… I really hope she puts out a new book soon, whether it’s amazing or not.)
6. Rainbow Rowell – Attachments was a blast, and I am SO excited that her newest novel, Eleanor and Park, is being released in the U.S. today!!! Tomorrow is my birthday and I’m totally going to go birthday book shopping and pick it up.
7. Patrick Rothfuss – Dude writes epic fantasy like nobody’s business. The Name of the Wind got me hooked on fantasy. He’s SO GOOD that even if he broke into other genres I’d try it out.
8. A.J. Jacobs – Jacobs takes on major quests (live the Bible literally, be as healthy as possible, etc.) and then writes about them in a really hilarious but interesting way. Can’t wait to see what he cooks up next.
9. Chris Wooding – In all fairness, I’ve only read his first two Ketty Jay books so far, but I LOVE them. I already bought one of his other books, The Fade, to try and I’m pretty sure I’ll continue exploring his work, old and new alike.
10. Sarah Addison Allen – I adore her books, no one does magical realism like she does! I should re-read Garden Spells while I’m waiting for a new book from her.
Also, I wanted to list some relatively new authors whose books I really liked, and am anxiously awaiting to see what they come out with next… but since I’ve only read one book by them, I need to read more by them before deciding if they go on my auto-buy list!
11. Ernest Cline – Ready Player One was so awesome and unique. I really want to see what idea he comes up with next, because he has major world-building skills. (Okay actually I just did a search online and his next novel is going to be called Armada, but there’s no details or release date about it yet. Can’t wait!!!)
12. Drew Magary – The Postmortal was fantastic! More please.
13. Matthew Norman – Dude, Domestic Violets was hilarious. And I need more humorous fiction in my life, so I hope there’s more where that came from.
14. Helen Simonson – Major Pettigrew’s Last Stand was well-written and wonderful. I hope she has something else in the works!
Soooo, I cheated a little bit. But I’m just so excited for authors I like to put out new books! I always want more!
What authors are on your auto-buy list?