It’s Harry Potter Post Friday!
I’m a little tired and my computer is being a pain in the ass, so let’s just jump right into the bullet points:
- This is the longest it’s ever taken to get to Hogwarts! But that’s cause things are happening in the real world! (And by real world, I mean real wizarding world, obvs.)
- I think it’s interesting that Cedric Diggory is actually pretty nice, but his father is such a dillhole. That part around the Portkey was so irritating. How did no one punch him?
- How cool are Portkeys? Love that already we’re starting to see the use of a lot more different spells and magic.
- So, the Quidditch World Cup!
- Normally, I kind of like the Quidditch scenes. Rowling always does a good job of writing the school matches. But for the QWC, I think all the other stuff (the AWESOME TENTS, the tons of magical families all in one place, the souvenirs) was way more exciting than the actual match. And what do you know, the Weasley twins won some money!
- (Poor Weasley twins, who are awesome at creating stuff but Mrs. Weasley just doesn’t understand them. They’re adorable.)
- Some folks that look suspiciously like Death Eaters start tormenting the only Muggles, and people flip the fuck out. I have to say, this is kind of annoying – ALL THOSE WIZARDS, and hardly anyone tries to fight back? People just go crazy and run for the woods? The number of good wizards must have totally outnumbered the Death Eater-type folk, but you’d never know it the way everyone acts. YAY for the Wealey men for running right into the thick of it to get shit done!
- And then this happens:
- And people flip out all over again, but the baddies stop tormenting the humans, so that’s cool.
- I have to say, Winky is SUPER ANNOYING. Waaaaayyyyy more annoying than Dobby ever was. I do feel a bit bad for her though.
- I love how this all sparks Hermione’s anti-elf-slavery tirade. She’s so awesome. She reminds me of me when I was a teenager and actually cared passionately about stuff.
- They go home, everything’s cool, Ron is embarassed about his dress robes. I feel for him, but when he’s like “Why is everything I own rubbish?” I want to tell him to slap out of it and just be grateful for what he has.
- There’s going to be a Triwizard Tournament!! At Hogwarts!!! Buuuut, you have to be 17 to put your name in the cup.
- I really wish we got to see more of the Arithmancy classes and Professor Vector.
- That Rita Skeeter reporter woman is being a real jerk, already.
- Mad-Eye Moody! FINALLY someone turns Malfoy into a ferret!
So all in all, not a WHOLE lot has happened yet, but I’m excited! This is one of my favorites 🙂