I’m going to start doing this new weekly meme. Cause I want to post more, and chat with ya’ll more. And cause it’s my blog and I can do what I wanna *sticks tongue out*
This week’s question is:
What are your New Year Resolutions? Or, what goals have you set for yourself in 2013.
I normally save this for my official end-of-the-year wrap up post, but whatever. It’s close enough, and I’ll just link to this when I do a recap of 2012 later. I don’t do New Year Resolutions, per se. I don’t promise myself I’m going to do something, because I will inevitably fail at it. I don’t like to do things I’m forced to, even when it’s me forcing myself. Silly, I know. But I like to set general goals / things I hope to accompish. Here are my main goals for 2013:
- Change jobs. There’s not really another job that I want though, so either I’ll settle with something else I don’t like but pays better, or I’ll find a way to go part-time somehow. I don’t know yet, but there needs to be a change here.
- Blog stuff… I want to switch to wordpress.org and self-host, I want to boost my traffic, and I want to maybe sell a bit of ad space. This will all take a lot of time, but my blog is important and I want to spend more time on it. It’d be nice if I could also make a little money off of it too.
- Kind of ties into the blog stuff thing, but I also want to Tweet more, do a Pinterest challenge, and start doing In My Mailbox again (or some variation of it).
- Keep the weight off. I lost almost 30 lbs this year, I just want to keep it that way.
- SLEEP MORE. Switching jobs would also help with this. On the nights when I have to work, I’m lucky if I get 6 hours of sleep. That’s half of the week that I’m walking around sleep-deprived. I miss my freaking sleep.
- Read 100 books. I used to read over 100 no problem, but for some reason this year I didn’t even reach 100. SAD FACE. Probably has something to do with work being even busier this year than before, plus being tired all the time.
- Go to at least one bookish/blogging/author-y event. It would be nice.
So there we have it. Goals for the new year. What are yours?