Woo-hoo, the final week! Sorry this is a day late – I’ve been exhausted from work. So little energy I might as well be a zombie, haha. Questions this week are from Missie at The Unread Reader.
1. In Chapter 21, David and Sarah venture into a grocery store to try to find some essentials. Show us a picture of the top three items you consider your essentials when you go shopping.
My coffee, and the sandwich basics for the honeyman’s lunches. On the list just about every week.
2. Sarah and David travel quite a distance to “visit” a family member. Show us a picture of your most recent family vacation. Who did you visit and where did you go?
Yeah, my family doesn’t really do family vacations. Like, ever. So sadly, no pictures exist of such an event. Hopefully someday soon though. It’d be nice if we could all take a trip to Hawaii to visit our cousins.
3. Sarah refers to David’s sister as the Martha Stewart type because she likes to make things from scratch. Show us a picture a hobby or home project you get enthusiastic about making/doing.
I used to scrapbook all the time. The latest that I was working on was putting together all of my childhood photos into one big pretty scrapbook. It’s not very fancy or anything (I wish I had a Cricut machine!) but the sentiment is there, and I miss playing with all my scrapbooking stuff.
4. David and Sarah decide to start up their own Zombie exterminators business, and even come up with a name and slogan for it, “S and D Zombie Extermination. We take care of your undead issues.” If you opened up your own zombie killing business, what would you call it, and what would your slogan be?
Well, if I’m slaying zombies with the honeyman, it’d be something practical like “Zombie Response Team for Hire – For all your extermination needs”. But I’d personally lean towards something a little more snarky like “We-Told-You-So Zombie Slayers – Prepared to kill zombies since before they were zombies” or something of that nature.
5. What were your favorite/least favorite parts of Married with Zombies? Aside from David and Sarah, who was your favorite/least favorite character?
I think my favorite parts are the fun perks of the zombie apocalypse – stealing cars, crashing into stuff, scavenging / looting, etc. My least favorite part might be the beginning, because Sarah was such a BRAT and David was such a loser and at first you want to hit their heads together and tell them to grow up. But then you know, zombies come along and make them grow up anyways.
I definitely didn’t like David’s sister… what was her name? I was kind of glad that she immediately became a zombie snack. My favorite other character was probably that girl who saved their asses in the car shop and then refused to go with them. She was a tough young girl, and paranoid. I liked that.
6. What do you think is coming up next for David and Sarah? Which do you think has a better chance of survival, their marriage or their humanity? Will you continue reading this series, and if so, what do you hope to see happen in the next book?
Well that’s not fair cause I’ve already read them all! I can say though that after the way the third book ended, I really really hope that we see more of Sarah and David someday. Sadly Orbit (I think that’s the publisher… don’t have the book in front of me) only did a 3-book contract for this storyline or something, so if there’s another S&D book it’ll be self-published by Jesse Petersen. I wish there was more we could do as readers, cause I’d love another 3 books about them!
Anyways, so happy I got to re-read this book with all of you!! And I loved the scavenger hunt aspect. SO much fun!!! Thanks a million to all the hosts!