Good morning everybody!!!! It’s Tuuuuesday! And you know what that means – Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. The Christmas season is upon us, and this week’s topic is Top Ten Books You Want to Give As Gifts – whether you’re able to or not.
1. It’s Called a Break-Up Because It’s Broken by Greg Behrendt – I was to give this to several women I know, including my little sister and maybe my mom. It’s just a fun, practical book that makes you feel a lot better about dumping some jerk, and helps you not to fall back into that trap.
2. The Postmortal by Drew Magary – This was one of my favorite reads of this year, but sadly I can only think of like maybe 1 or 2 people who MIGHT like it, so I probably won’t be spreading the joy of it yet.
3. The History of the Snowman by Bob Eckstein – I’m thinking of getting this for my friend Doni. She loves ALL things winter & Christmas. Also, this would be a really good Christmas / Hannukah / whatever gift for any one who likes history.
4. The Complete Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook: MAN SKILLS – This is a useful but hilarious book that I’ve actually bought to give to my little brother for Christmas. It includes practical information like how to hunt and set snares or how to survive a snakebite, as well has more humurous info like how to apologize when you haven’t done anything wrong, or how to prevent a hangover. I got this for my honeyman a while back and he really enjoys it, and even I like flipping through it at random.
5. Attachments by Rainbow Rowell – This is a really cute romantic story for the age of email. I’m thinking about getting it for our gaming friends Doni and Alan, because there’s several mentions of D&D gaming in the book and we game too (except we do Mythus, not D&D.)
6. Beauty Queens by Libba Bray – This book was HYSTERICALLY funny, but also really smart and sassy and feminist-y too. If I had a young teen niece or something, I’d totally get this for her. Sadly, I’ll have to wait like 10 more years at least to give it to my niece Emma.
… And that’s really all I can think of at the moment. Well no, I lie – there’s ONE other thing that I want to get like everyone I know because I love it, but it’s not a book, it’s a TV show:
That’s right. Cougar Town. Because it is HILARIOUS and I don’t want it to get cancelled, so part of me wants to buy a ton of copies of Season 1 and just hand them out to people. Sadly I cannot, because I am not that rich. But if you don’t watch it, you should try it out. Even the honeyman likes it!
OK folks that’s all I got – I need to shower and get my butt to work. What do want to give as gifts this year?