In other news… I decided to post my reading stats for the first half of the year. Honestly, they’re not where I wanna be. So I’m hoping to get super-amounts of reading done during the rest of the year. Honestly, I’m only about 5 to 10 books behind where I’d like to be… Ideally, I want to read 130 books this year.
So here’s how the first six months of this year have gone…
January: 13 books read, 5502 pages
February: 10 books read, 4407 pages
March: 8 books read, 4195 pages
April: 13 books read, 4631 pages
May: 8 books read, 3349 pages
June: 6 books read, 2825 pages
Total books read: 58
Pages read: 24,909
Broken down my genre…
Historical Fiction: 4
General fiction: 19
And here’s my thoughts…
- Stupid June. I was pretty busy in June… my little brother graduated, and we threw a baby shower for my little sister Amanda who is supposed to have her baby at the end of July.
- OK, so it wasn’t just that I was busy in June… I’ve been relying on DVD’s at work to keep me awake, because I don’t get enough sleep beforehand. But work is a huge chunk of my reading time, so I gotta cut that mess out and start sleeping right so I can read more. Plus I did more crocheting/sewing this month than usual. Which is awesome, but means less reading.
- January was awesomesauce. Partly because I was re-reading the Harry Potter series in the beginning of the year, and I flew through those.
- Also, 8 of those YA books were Harry Potter books. So if you don’t count those (because they’re amazing and should have their own genre), my YA count is actually only like 5.
- Fiction is all of the books that don’t really fit into my other categories…
- I need to read more classics, sci-fi, and non-fiction.
- I didn’t list it, but 12 of those books were re-reads. But since my goal this year was to kind of focus on re-reads, that’s okay.
- I’m sick of these bullets.
SO, that’s my reading info for the first half of this year. OH also, I’ve accrued 108 books so far this year, and spent $532.86 on books. Crap, that’s a lot when you really look at it. Kind of regretting starting that “book purchases” spreadsheet now…
I’m a big one for preparing. I have most of the challenges figured out, so lately I’ve been planning out my snacks / drinks / books!
So, are you getting ready for the readathon? Books picked out? Food all planned? Tell me about it!