Good morning people. So it’s Tuesday, time for Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. This week’s topic is Top Ten Books I’d Play Hooky With. Honestly, I’m not really sure what that’s supposed to mean. But since I desparately wish I could play hooky today instead of working 4 hours at LB and then having game night, here are the books I’d love to stay home and read instead.
1. The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon - Outlander #5, which I’m re-reading right now. These books are good comfort reads for me, because it’s so easy to just sink into the Outlander world and ignore everything else.
2. The Restaurant at the End of the Universe by Douglas Adams - The other book I’m reading right now. It’s fun, witty, and is a quick read so it’s a good fluffy read.
3. Visions of the Multiverse by Steven Manly - This is going to be the next book about the multiverse theory that I read, and I’m already itching to get to it. Doesn’t really sound like a typical “fun” read to play hooky with, but I find the science behind these things really engrossing, which means I can read it for hours and my mind will be completely focused on it.
4. She by Saul Williams - Saul Williams is one of my favorite poets, and I’ve been meaning to re-read something by him soonish. This is next on my re-read list. Plus you know, poetry is kind of good if you’re half-distracted, cause poems are short.
5. Something Rotten by Jasper Fforde - This is #4 of the Thursday Next books, and I’m kind of missing this crazy world. I love how imaginative they are, and they really seep into my mind when I read them - I end up having weird crazy dreams while reading these books.
6. Cyanide & Happiness – Whether it’s the actual comic books, or just the webcomic, Cyanide & Happiness is hysterical and I could spend hours laughing over these cartoons – perfect for a hooky day.
And I think that’s about it for today. Seriously though, I wish I could stay home and play hooky with ALL THE BOOKS.