I straight up love this Monthly TBR that Jenn created. I feel like it’s been motivating me to read so much more. So thank you Jenn!
Let’s see last month’s pile, hmm?
Obviously I didn’t read all of them – 6 out of 10. Not terrible… I kind of DNF-ed The Casual Vacancy and The 4% Universe cause I just wasn’t feeling them. And I went to start Frankenstein the other day, but realized that I don’t like the version I have (I need to get a copy of the 1818 edition). I did read a total of 11 books in October though! I read the next three books in the Nightside series, and Where’d You Go, Bernadette? so yay!
Alright, wanna see this month’s TBR pile? I know you do….
From the top…
- A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L’Engle – Technically a re-read, but I haven’t read it since 4th grade and I honestly don’t remember most of it.
- Skipping Christmas by John Grisham – Christmas! I think this might be a fun read, with the rush to Christmas shop this month.
- Manhunting by Jennifer Crusie – One of the few Crusie romances I haven’t read, and this pile needed some fluff.
- Assassin’s Apprentice by Robin Hobb – Which Jenn actually recommended to me last year I think, and I’ve had sitting on my shelf for ages. I want to finally read it!
- The Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. Tolkien – Because I’m disappointed that I hadn’t started these books yet, and I really do want to read them.
- The Romanov Bride by Robert Alexander – Because I like reading stuff set in Russia during the fall.
- Medical Apartheid by Harriet A. Washington – I really want to read/finish this book, I just keep putting it off because it’s 400 pages of tiny-print depression and disgust at history (well, white-dominated evil history).
- The Quantum World by Kenneth Ford - My science-y pick this month. I’d really like to get one more good physics read in before the end of the year. I actually won’t mind if it takes me until the end of December to read this one, I just want to read it. And there’s review questions for each chapter! (I’m a HUGE NERD.)
- An Echo in the Bone by Diana Gabaldon – The only Outlander book that I’ve only read once before. Also the only one that I actively disliked after I finished it, because of a huge stupid thing that happens near the end. I wanted to throw the book across the room. So, we’ll see how I feel about it this time around. And I SOOO can’t wait for the next book to come out next year. (BTW, isn’t that green slime color awful? The hardcover was a nice black and brown, but they made it this ugly color when it came out in paperback so that it would stand out on the bookstore shelves. And that it does.)
- (Not pictured) More Nightside books by Simon R. Green, obviously. Because they’re fun and quick and awesome.
I’ll be happy if I can finish at least 5 books from this pile*, but either way, I am EXCITED! Bring it, November!
What are you guys hoping to read this month / before the end of the year?
*Okay I just realized that I need to read 27 more books in order to reach 100 books this year. Soooo really, I’d love to read all of this pile plus like 6 more…