So, yay! End of the readathon, and I read more than I thought I would, so double-yay! Soooo here’s that end-of-event survey thingy. I’m going to go spend the rest of my work shift watching Whitney and generally giving my brain a break. And MAYBE starting another book, if I’m not too exhausted / sniffle-y.
- Which hour was most daunting for you? Ummm the hours 7 PM to 2 AM I guess (Hour 11 to hour 18, or something like that) cause I HAD to sleep before heading back into work. Plus, I have having trouble breathing through my nose, and that always sucks. Stupid being sick.
- Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? The Nightside series by Simon R. Green. I flew through the second one, and then was regretting not having the next ones with me. If I had, this would have been a Nightside-athon.
- Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? Nope, lovely as always! I just need to plan better and take a day or two off of work to accomodate.
- What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? The… thing? Idk. I liked checking out the challenges, even though I didn’t participate in a ton because I was trying to focus on reading and not spending a lot of time online.
- How many books did you read? I finished 2! And I read the first half of another book. 559 pages total!
- What were the names of the books you read? I finished Agents of Light and Darkness by Simon R. Green, and How to Be a Woman by Caitlin Moran, and read the first half of Coraline by Neil Gaiman.
- Which book did you enjoy most? Agents of Light and Darkness.
- Which did you enjoy least? *Sigh* I suppose How to Be a Woman. It was funny in parts, and was interesting, but some parts were more… upsetting. Like admiring Lady Gaga *hurls*. Writing the review should be fun though, lots to talk about.
- If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? I was not, thank goodness. Between being sick and working I would not have been good for cheerleading.
- How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? I will ALWAYS be a reader, at the very least! Maybe next time I can host a challenge or something, we’ll see.
Sooo there we have it! And for those of you who read my update in which I had issues with ALL THE FOOD – I finally got to have my popcorn! Yay for the work microwave!
*PS to my regular readers - My Sarah Sunday post will be up later, after I’ve had some time to chill out and whatnot. Maybe when I get home.