It’s time for Top Ten Tuesday ya’ll! (Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.) The topic this week is Top Ten Childhood Faves, which was the very first TTT post ever, but I didn’t know about it way back then so this is new for me! Yay!
1. Chicka Chicka Boom Boom by Bill Martin Jr. – Seriously, who does NOT adore this book? I buy it for like all little kids for birthdays and stuff.
2. Goosebumps series by R.L. Stine – Who knows why, but like most kids in the 90′s I loved these stupid scary books. And yes, they were really scary to me. I still have nightmares about the Night of the Living Dummies books.
3. Beauty and the Beast – As you can tell from the pictures above, I still own this book! Look at my awesome little kid printing (Sorry for the awkward view, but I didn’t want to show my last name.) So Beauty and the Beast was Little Tiny Sarah’s favorite Disney movie, and my parents actually had gotten me a few of the books. I even had a book with a little keyboard attached, and it had music notes to play some of the songs form the movie. This is a pretty hardcover and has REALLY gorgeous illustrations. I tried to take a picture of those, but then a spider ran out of the book and freaked me the F out, so I was done taking pictures.
4. Fear Street series by R.L. Stine – When you were done with those wimpy Goosebumps books, you graduated to the Fear Street books which were also scary as shit. I remember one (possibly the one above) being about a crazy sister who wanted to kill her other sister, and seriously… I didn’t trust my little sis Amanda for a long time after that, lol. Now as an adult, I’m like “Why do people insist on living on this street???”
5. Sabrina the Teenage Witch books – I actually started reading these books before I ever saw the tv show, because my father was nuts and would never let us turn the volume up on the TV, and it’s just not worth watching TV when you can’t freaking hear it. (Thanks to my insane dad though, because it’s probably what made me such a big reader as a kid.) Anyways yeah, Sabrina is cool. And now that I’m older, if re-runs of the show come on I totally enjoy them.
6. The Boxcar Children series by Gertrude Chandler Warner – Wow, that poor author’s name is terrible. I never noticed. Anyways, the Boxcar Children were my JAM! I think I may do a re-read of the first one next year, just for funsies.
7. The Baby-Sitter’s Club series by Ann M. Martin – Another major childhood favorite. Practically every girl my age read these books. My favorite was Claudia, cause she was artsy. And Dawn, cause she was cool and Californian.
8. Sideways Stories From Wayside School by Louis Sachar – WAYSIDE SCHOOOOOOL! I <3 these books STILL.
9. the Ramona books by Beverly Cleary - Another obvious choice, but whatevs. I re-read this one a year or so ago, and now that I’m older Ramona kinda annoys me, but still.
10. Animorphs series by K.A. Applegate – I didn’t get to read these as often as I wanted because my library didn’t have a huge selection, but I still liked them! I kinda want to go read some of the copies that my honeyman has
So that’s my ten! What are some of your childhood faves?